In April 2012 I presented a case study on Full-Funnel Attribution at the granddaddy of all industry conferences: Ad-Tech in San Francisco.
I was honored to share the stage with Young-Bean Song, a pre-eminent thought leaders in digital media measurement and analytics (and a very nice guy). After years of applying to speak at Ad-Tech, I was finally selected; not because I’m the world’s most pre-eminent speaker but because the case study we developed is so effective at presenting how advanced analytics and full-funnel, cross-channel Attribution can be utilized to maximize performance and boost Return On Spend.
Among the highlights of the case study, we demonstrated:
- How converters who were exposed to display ads followed a range of conversion paths before taking the desired action(s).
- How attributing fractional credit for assist impressions and clicks (beyond just the last click) yielded much deeper insights into the performance of each channel, vendor, placement and keyword.
- How recency, or the time lag between the first impression, last impression, visit and conversion) impacted performance.
- How frequency is still a big issue that needs to be addressed – especially when buying exchange-traded media.
For those who didn’t make the show, I’m happy to share the case study in two formats (both are hosted on slideshare):
- View the Presentation: Ad-Tech Attribution Case Study
- View the detailed writeup: Encore Attribution Case Study
If you’d like to learn more about Attribution or discuss the case study, please drop me a line (see Contact link below). Also please feel free to comment, tweet, like, post, share, etc. as you see fit. Thanks for your time and interest!