Yesterday I had the pleasure of speaking at a luncheon hosted by AAF Houston and the Houston Interactive Marketing Association. The theme was “what you need to know NOW”. These are challenging times for all businesses and now, more than ever, we need to focus our marketing efforts (and dollars) on those initiatives that produce the best results.
My presentation is below for your viewing pleasure. The main takeaways are as follows:
1. Media consumption and media fragmentation are making digital channels more and more important for all companies.
2. As marketers we have to create content that consumers WANT to consume, and allow them to engage us when and how they choose.
3. There are numerous examples of savvy brands using digital media to reach and engage customers in a cost-effective way.
4. Despite a complex and overwhelming set of digital media options, there are some tried and true tactics that will provide the foundation for online marketing success.
5. Social media is becoming increasingly important, but you should have a plan before you dive in.
View my presentation on slideshare:
Thanks again to AAF and HiMA for allowing me to share my thoughts. If you have thoughts, comments or questions, I’d love to hear from you! Also feel free to Join me on facebook or Follow me on Twitter.
Thanks for reading my blog!